What causes leakage from the left side of mini face lift?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I had a XXXXXXX face lift three weeks ago. the right side is fine but the left side seems to have some sort of leakage and it throbs my doctor told me yesterday nothing to worry about, but it is getting worse. is it possible it is a gland problem? i have taken Tylenol but it still hurts and my cheek and ear also throb. I am very concerned. please hlep
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Secondary Bacterial Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it

I would keep a possibility of secondary bacterial infection

If I was the treating doctor I would have suggested an oral antibiotic for a week.

My choice of oral antibiotic would have been either:

Amoxycillin 500mg + clavulanic acid 125 mg combination, thrice daily for a week

OR

Cephalexin 500 mg (keflex 500 mg) thrice daily for a week

OR

Cefadroxil 500 mg twice daily for a week.

An OTC pain killer e.g Ibuprofen 400mg, twice or thrice daily, would provide symptomatic relief from pain and swelling.

Hope this helps