What causes late periods post protected intercourse?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi,
my gf had her last period on 7 july. We had sex on 15th July. we had sex using condom and i ejaculated my Semen in the condom outside her vagina. To be cautious she had ipill. she has have white discharges from her vagina. Her dur date for her period was 4th August. She still has got her periods. Please suggest what to do? we both are scared to death.
Slight change in the question. She hasnt got her periods. Thats why we are
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Serum beta hCG blood test

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. The chances of pregnancy are less.

2. You have ejaculated outside vagina and she has taken ipill. Means there is double protection.

3. I presume the delay in periods is probably due to hormonal variations especially since you took ipill.

4. Wait for one week and you will get periods.

5. If you are very much worried about pregnancy possibility please get serum beta hCG blood test which will confirm pregnancy accurately.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: What causes late periods post protected intercourse? 13 minutes later
Can normal Pregnancy kit help detect pregnancy at this time? Is it common of delayed period after you have Ipill? there are white discharges from vigina well. There are no other symtoms like nausea or vomitting Etc. Please suggest. Can abortion pills Help ?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You can test with home kit. But they are not reliable if negative. Serum beta hCG blood test is more confirmatory.

It is common to get delayed periods after ipill. White discharge does not signify anything.

Dont worry.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: What causes late periods post protected intercourse? 12 hours later
Thank you for the reply. Just had a doubt if she is pregnant after six on 15th who many weeks old would be the pregnancy. Can abortion pill be used at home without going to a doctor? How successful is it and what are the XXXXXXX complication using abortion pill? Since see is not having her periods, can periods inducing pill work??

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait

Detailed Answer:

First possibility is that she wont be pregnant.

Abortion pills cannot be used without doctor's supervision.

An ultrasound scan to rule out ectopic pregnancy is important. The tablets can be prescribed by doctor only after that.

Period inducing pills are not necessary so soon. Wait for a week.