What causes langerhans cell histiocytosis?
You could try photodynamic therapy for your son.
Since your son is having Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) from birth with liver spleen and lung involvement and has been treated by vinblastine and prednisolone initially and now with 2CDA and cytarabine but there is no response and his ALT and bilirubin is high i would advise you to try photodynamic therapy.
This type of treatment uses a drug and a certain type of laser light to kill cancer cells and it can be given to patients even with with abnormal LFT.
A drug that is not active until it is exposed to light is injected into a vein. The drug collects more in cancer cells than in normal cells.
Laser light is aimed at the skin and the drug becomes active and kills the cancer cells.
Photodynamic therapy causes little damage to healthy tissue.
After treatment your son should not spend too much time in the sun.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Worms and langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis armpit
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis in the cervix
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis causes
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis herbalist
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis citalopram
- Squeezing langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Diagnosis of langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Symptoms of langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis esophagitis
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?