What causes lack of sensitivity in tongue post removal of wisdom teeth ?
Thanks for your query.
It seems to because of the local anaesthetic injection given to you before extraction by your dental surgeon. The local anaesthetic injection numbs the nerve supplying the unilateral side and will not allow any pain to be felt for four hours. But in your case more than a week has passed by so you should consult your Dental Surgeon. The tingling sensation at the tip of tongue is awakening of nerves after numbness and should be considered as a good sign.
Jaw Soreness and difficulty to open mouth is common for 7-10 days after wisdom teeth extraction.
Sometimes such numbness occurs when the patient applies ice for too long period on the jaw to reduce swelling.
Warm water gargling is also very useful in your case as it will stimulate and awaken the nerve.
I hope I have solved your query. I shall be available for follow-up too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tongue hurts after wisdom teeth removal
- Wisdom teeth removal causing motion sickness
- Do wisdom teeth cause a sore tongue
- Post wisdom teeth removal headache light headed
- Wisdom teeth removal post bump
- Will the wisdom teeth cause sinus
- Post nasal drip and wisdom teeth removal
- Can wisdom teeth removal cause anemia
- Removal of wisdom teeth cause red cheeks
- What is the treatment for pain after wisdom teeth removal