What causes lack of erection in men?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: HI. I AM HOME BACK AFTER 4 MONTHS AT SEA. MY ERECTION IS NOT ALL AS IF I USE TO BE CLOSE TO HER DURING INTERCOURSE. BUT BEFORE ONCE WE R TOGETHER INSTANT ERECTION USE TO BE. I AM 43 YRS OLD AND SHE IS 30 YRS. BE4 I CAME I HAD VISITED DISC AND WHILE DANCING I HAD AROUSAL AND DISCHARGE NOT WITH PRESSURE. AFTER DISC MY DANCING PARTNER AND SPENT TIME IN CAR TALKING AND AROUSING EACH OTHER AND INTIAL DISCHARGE. NEXT DAY ANOTHER DANCING PARTNER TOGETHER IN CAR OPEN AIR BUT DIDNT INTERCOURSE SHE HANDSKAE ME. FOLLOWING DAY I CAME HOME AND HAD AROUSAL WITH MY WIFE INTERCOURSE ALSO FIRST TIME IT HAPPEN BUT AFTER THEN AROSAL BUT WHEN I INSERT IT JUST COLLAPSED MY PENIS. NOW ERECTION IS NOT AT ALL. IF I HANDSHAKE MYSELF IT IS. BE4 MYSELF AND MY WIFE USE TO HAVE ABOUT 2 TO 3 TIMES SMAE NIGHT AFTER LONG GAP AND SO ON WHENEVER WE WERE REDAY BOTH. MY WIFE IS STRESS DUE TO OFFICIAL WORK AND NOT CO OPERATIVE AS BE4. I AM ALSO BIT STRESS BUT WHENEVER I AM IN STRESS I USE TO ENJOY MY SEX IN FULL SWING. PLSE HELP ME.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its more of Psychological than Physical.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Lack of Erection ( Erectile Dysfunction )ED could be due to Psychological factors or due to actual physical problems . It is very easy and essential to differentiate between these two. If you get a good erection while masturbating but not while having sex then it's Psychological and as per your words you get good erection while masturbating and also when you were with dancing partner. These facts indicate it is more likely to be psychological than actual Physical problem.

Psychological issues could be Stress, Anxiety or lack of interest in your wife. But whatever it is , it can be sorted out and corrected. In this regard I recommend you to get a counselling from a Psychiatrist.

But if you feel that there is no psychological issues or if you want to get tested for physical causes first then in that case I advise you to get the following tests done and revert back .

Fasting and Post prandial Blood sugars, Serum Testosterone , Serum Prolactin, Serum LH, FSH , Scrotal Ultrasound.

In the mean time Start doing Kegel's exercise as much as possible.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.

Dr. Divakara