What causes lack of erection during intercourse with Clotrimazole vaginal insert?
my wife used candid -v6 and we had sex same night, lost my erection in process.what should i do. Is there harm in the long run..
Should not cause harm.
Hello and welcome,
Candid V6 is a clotrimazole vaginal insert. Clotrimazole is an antifungal that treats yeast overgrowths. I don't think this should cause you harm, because sometimes when women have recurrent yeast infections, we treat the male partner as well. So, based on that, I don't think there should be long term harm to you.
It is generally not advised to have vaginal intercourse when the insert is in the vagina. Don't want to push it up to far in vagina nor give the man unnecessary drug treatment with it, but it should be ok.
I am a family practice doctor, but you may also want to ask a urologist here. To do this, close this current discussion with me, and repost your question with "For urologist only please" in the first line. A urologist will answer but it may take a while longer as they are not always on this site at all times.
If you haven't done so already, do wash your genitals with soap and water to get off any remaining medication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream during first trimester
- Loss of erection during intercourse stress cause and cure
- Clotrimazole vaginal itching
- Clotrimazole vaginal supp
- Clotrimazole vaginal suppository
- Candid v6 clotrimazole vaginal tablets what they are for
- Clingen and clotrimazole vaginal suppositories
- Clindamycin and clotrimazole vaginal suppositories during pregnancy?
- Clindamycin and clotrimazole vaginal suppositories
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream during first tri