What causes lack of ejaculation after intercourse?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I am a 78 year old male. Married to my wife for 50 years. We have a good relationship and have had a good sex life but for the last 6 months or so, I have not been able to ejaculate, even though erection is no problem.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have you ever had prostate surgery?

Detailed Answer:
HI,

This is called retrograde or dry ejaculation. This occurs because the semen goes into the bladder instead of coming out. What happens is urine after sex would be cloudy. This needs no specific treatment and as such there is no reason to panic.

Most common causes are drugs and surgery. However, your list of medications doesn't contain any drug known to do this. I will like you to also tell me whether you have ever had any surgery involving the prostate and bladder.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Am always available for further exchanges if you deem them necessary.

Kind regards!
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 days later
Never had prostate surgery but did have a tumor removed from my kidney. Should I see my Urologist?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, but not urgent!

Detailed Answer:

You may see your urologist at a regular appointment. There is no urgency here. I will like to know what he thinks after examination as well.

Keep me posted.

Kind regards!