What causes lack of bleeding despite taking Mifepristone?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I took mefepristone tablet 15 hr before, there is no sign of bleeding. What should i do?
Now its 44 days from lmp
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can take 2-3 days for the bleeding to start.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After taking mifepristone it may take 2-3 days for the bleeding to start. It is best to wait and take rest of the misoprotol tablets as prescribed by your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Dr. XXXXXXX actually we did not approch any doctor yet. If bleeding is not happening and continuing pregnency is there any problem?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can happen after 3-4 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Bleeding usually happens after 2-3 days. Even if there is no bleeding it can harm the baby and can cause fetal death or placental detachment. If there is no bleeding then it is best to get a D&C done.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.