What causes lack of appetite in child?
You have to coax your child to eat someway or the other
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Many children are fussy eaters and many parents frequently complain of difficulty in making their child eat. I will suggest the following:
* Avoid distractions like television during eating.
* Eat together with your family and make the child eat along with others on the same table.
* Keep the meal times fixed.
* Involve the child in minor chores. Take the child along when you go to fetch the groceries. Ask him to choose fruits and vegetables of his choice. Make preparations giving importance to his wishes.
* Avoid junk food and chocolates.
* Give a fibre rich diet. Try to include green leafy vegetables in the diet.
* You can give fibre supplements like isabgol on regular basis.
* You will have to coax your child to eat but do not force feed him.
* There are no short cuts that can be provided
Hope that helps.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lack of oxygen
- What causes fluctuating temperatures and lack of appetite
- What is the cause of bruising in a child
- What causes lack of saliva
- Can anxiety cause lack of appetite
- What causes loss of appetite in a child
- What causes lack of energy
- Lack of appetite causes
- What causes increase in appetite
- What causes lack of balance