What causes knot on jaw while suffering from sinus issues?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 31 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been battling sinus issues and I now have a knot in my jaw that came up suddenly. I feel like it's a lymph node problem but not sure if I need to go to the doctor. My sinus issue seems to be better.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You do not need to see a doctor for this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this knot. It is for sure a swollen lymph node as this is a normal and expected reaction following an infection in the head and neck region of which sinusitis is one. Monitor only for now and there is no need for further medical attention at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.