Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What causes knot inside penis?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3026 Questions
I'm terribly embarrassed to say that I tried to insert a foot-long piece of power cord into my penis and now it won't come out. There is apparently a knot from where the cord looped thru itself about 2 inches inside my penis. I'd really prefer a solution that precludes my wife from finding out (and my family doctor!). Thank you for any advice you may have.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rush to ER Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. In such situations i would advise you not to manipulate further and visit ER , as long term compression by a cord can lead to reduced blood supply and ischemia. Do not hesitate , it's not a matter of embarrassment , it's matter of saving your critical organ and avoiding injuries to it. If you have inserted it inside through your urethera (opening of penis) , there might be injury to ureters. Just rush to ER. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor