What causes knee pain pots a total knee replacement surgery?
Normally pain reduces significantly after surgey.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
After Knee replacement , normally pain is gone but in some cases , esp if the muscles are week or if there is bone weakness then pain might persist for longer period.
I suggest you do regular Knee strengthening Exercises and take sufficient calcium and vitamin D . Also please get your Bone Density checked.If these measures do not solve your problem , then please visit your operating surgeon.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Since you are doing all , will have to bear this for sometime.
In this case since you are doing all required to do, I think this feeling of aches will take time to go. Nothing special is required to be done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oxford total knee replacement
- Done total knee replacement surgery difficulty walking initially knee pain
- Pathophysiology of total knee replacement
- Pathophysiology of total knee replacement surgery
- Pain following total knee replacement
- Lateral knee pain after total knee replacement
- Total knee replacement physiotherapy
- Total knee replacement rash
- Pain after total knee replacement
- Total knee replacement surgery