• question-icon

What causes knee pain post a surgery?

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have a SCRAM device on my ankle which I had surgery on in 2008. Since this device has been installed in 2017 i have constant swelling and every time i take a step electric shocks shoot up and down through my leg originating where my ankle has a plate and 9 screws in speaking with the company who iinstalled this device i have repeatedly explained to them what is happening especially since since having this on since March 2017. I have gained 42 lbs from a 5'3" 124 lb lady to a 166 pounnds. The company that was court ordered to install the scram just basically send their reports to the prosecutor in which all state basically every 30 minutes i am having alcohol assumption or tampering with the device. I have explained the health and physical issues and they basically tell me to go see a doctor. So they are to be experts on SCRAM readings but when I give them xrays of my ankle right now i am 2 screws that have fallen out and on one broken since this device has been put on. It doesn't seem that anyone cares .
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms from nerve compression through fallen screws,ortho consulting.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* Symptoms are in relation with fallen screws irritating underlying nerve
structures .

* Suggestions for primary relief
- Keep the leg elevated over 3 - 4 pillows when resting .
- Avoid sudden direct pressure baring with jerky movements .

* Cure will be provided by the Orthopedic surgeon only .

Hope this will help you .
Welcome for further assistance .

Wishing you fine recovery from the same .
Regards dear .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon