Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

What causes kidney pain while sneezing?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 206 Questions
kidney pain when cough or sneese.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take analgesic with antispasmodic. Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern. Kidney pain on coughing and sneezing might be due to various causes. I would appreciate if you provide me detailed history of duration of pain, site of pain, whether it is on left or right side, any radiation of pain, any associated chest or urinary complaints. The most common cause of pain in lumbar / kidney region is due to renal calculi/ stones. It presents with acute onset of severe flank pain radiating to the groin, gross or microscopic hematuria, nausea and vomiting . In case you feel pain in lower chest which aggravates on coughing or sneezing or deep inspiration, it might be due to any chest infection. Meanwhile you can take painkillers(NSADS) alongwith antispasmodics to ease your pain. Watch for the colour of urine and any fever. Hope it helps. . Dr. Kavita Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes kidney pain while sneezing? 1 hour later
Thank you The pain is on the left standing behind me. Light pain most all time no urinary problems or chest problems. Blood pressure 149 over 88 Wonder about blood clot. Layser stones about 2 years ago. No radiation of pain to any other part sorry for spelling XXXXXXX XXXX Pain is on the left side,light most of the time no urinary problems or chest Blood pressure little high 156/86 Wonder about blood clot?
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 26 hours later
Brief Answer: most like renal calculi/ stone pain Detailed Answer: Hi, Since your pain is in left lumbar region, the most likely cause of pain is renal calculi( keeping in view that you had history before).kindly take plenty of fluids with oral analgesic. In case pain persists, kindly get ultrasound KUB , to localize the calculi and urine examination.You also need to increase your antihypertensive medications. So get a appointment from your treating physician, who can adjust the dosage of the antihypertensive medications.Hope it helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor