What causes kicking feeling and itching on stomach?
I'm back with a concern. Even since my abortion happened, I got my periods a week back and everything was normal. I did a follow up check up with a gynaec and she said some scars have been left behind, but nothing to worry about. Is this an issue? But I have this something kicking kind of feeling in my stomach just like a baby is kicking. Also, I have itchy and scratchy feeling around my stomach as well. During my pregnancy period, I had this something stuck in my throat kind of feeling which I'm having now again. I know I'm not pregnant for sure but just concerned. Please advise.
You are definitely not pregnant.
Hi Miss XXXX,
Good to know that you had your periods about 6 weeks after surgical abortion. You did not have any intermittent bleeding after the abortion. So it is very unlikely that there are remnants of conception in the uterus. Secondly even if present they usually get washed off with the period bleeding.
When did you have a follow up with your gynaec doctor? Was it during your period? Because even the blood clot in the uterus can be mistaken as remnants of conception on ultrasound. What was the size of the remnant? Though it is not something of concern, it is hard for me to believe that there were remnants seen after your period. Could you please upload the ultrasound film.
The kicking kind of feeling in the stomach is JUST YOUR FEELING. You are definitely not pregnant.
To get rid of sticking sensation in the throat, reduce the intake of milk products. Drink a glass of warm water with lemon daily in the morning and evening. If oranges increase that feeling, don’t eat them. Eat green apples.
I hope this helps. If you have any further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Many thanks for your mail.
The abortion was on March 14th. After abortion, I had bleeding for about 2-3 weeks. But the bleeding level was normal. I got periods on April 18th. Before getting periods, I consulted with a gynaec and she said there are some scars. I'm fine and active otherwise except for some sensations as I believe I'm thinking too much I guess. I have this itchy and scratchy feeling along with a discomfort around my stomach area as well.
I'm attaching the images of the scan. Hope this helps.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Usually these remnants get washed off with the period.
Hi Miss XXXX,
Now things are clear. With the ultrasound done before the periods, there is a small possibility of finding remnants on ultrasound. I saw the ultrasound films. There are small remnants in the film. Usually these remnants get washed off with the period and I expect the same in your case too. Yet I advise to repeat an ultrasound to confirm the same.
Don’t worry about the itchy feeling around the stomach area. It could be due to dry skin too. Just apply moisturizer and see.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Have a great day.
Thanks for trusting Healthcare Magic.
Thank you so much.
I want you to always remain in good health. Yet if you have any problems you may contact me on the web address below. I will be happy to answer.
With best wishes,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What may be causes of feeling stomach full with water
- What can cause itching sensation in stomach
- What causes itching inside the stomach
- What causes stomach discomfort
- What causes upset stomach
- What causes feeling of stomach bloating and burp
- Causes of kicking feeling in stomach
- Feeling kick in stomach not pregnant what can cause this
- What causes gas in stomach
- What causes fluttering feeling in stomach and back area
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?