What causes joint pains and early morning stiffness in joints?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am 65 years of age ,male having finger joint , wrist and elbow joint pains. All relevant tests,advised by the Doctor was carried out and all of them yielded negative results.These tests are : RF,ANA, HEp-2,Anti CCP,C-reactive protein,blood sugar , Uric acid,Esr,Creatinine etc.Presently my Doctor (ORTHOpaedic) had prescribed SAAZ DS (1+1) , HCQ200and Dulane M 20 daily.Are they OK at my present condition? Please guide me.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ESR is raised suggest chronic arthritis.

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case with diligence.

Rheumatoid arthritis may involve small joints and early morning stiffness in joints,
As your all tests are negative it can be seronegative arthritis.

The medicine prescribed to you will relieve your symptoms.

There is good role of diet and achieve correction through it
You need to avoid bakery items, high protein diet, and curd, milk and milk products.
Avoid cold and fermented food, bitter and sour food.
Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, salads.
Many of my patients get relief by yoga pranayama and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also do that.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.