• question-icon

What causes joint pain all over the body?

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Are there any other conditions for joint pain besides arthritis?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc.

Detailed Answer:
Joint pains can be due to multiple causes the commonest being poly arthralgia. Other causes can be rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
You need a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon