What causes jittery sensation all over the body?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am having this feeling of like ants walking all over my body for the last week. It only last like a second or two on one part and then another part right away. I am not sure if it is an Itch as I don't need to itch it. It comes and disappears within a few seconds. It happens all over by body randomly most of the day. Sometimes in the legs, hands, back, face, eye lids, and head. In the morning it is not bad, but in the evening it is a lot. It came a few weeks ago and then left and came back about 5 days ago. It does not affect my sleep. When I am walking I don't notice it.

I had a full blood test a month ago. Only 2 thing came up were my ALT was 71 and my red blood count was 6.8. I had a cat scan on my stomach and they say fatty liver. My doctor says these numbers are a little high nothing to worry about and to lose weight. I am 40lb over weight. 6'ft and 245.

I am not sure if this is an allergy or the fatty liver or the blood count. What do you think this is and what do you can help?

Andrew Ramdayal
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs supplements and some more blood workup

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it's good that other liver functions apart from ALT are normal and seems less likely ti be the cause as bilirubin rise nay cause itching but ALT doesn't. It would have been better if you had shared the eosinophil count to rule out some allergic conditions and hematocrit which will be mentioned in your blood counts as red cell count is a bit high and it can make blood dense inside the vessels and may also cause such symptoms of hyperviscosity. Some blood screens like urea and uric acid levels should also be done.

Meanwhile get yourself reviewed by a dermatologist to look for signs of scabies over the body or other pruritic rashes and hence to be treated accordingly. Keep replacing supplements of vitamin A, C and E alongwith zinc and calcium for better skin replenishment. For itching anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine alongwith calamine lotion and can be used.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 23 minutes later
Here are blood test result from XXXXXXX 8 of last month. Do you think it is a liver problem or blood or should i do any other test. I don't have any other symptoms. I do walk about 5 miles daily and take no medication .
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No attachment shown

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Kindly reattach the reports in specified section, as I can't see any attachment of reports yet. Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 5 minutes later
Here you go
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
The renal profile and other tests are good but blood count needs work up

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for sharing the details. It's good that most of tests ate good. For raised ALT viral serologies and fasting lipid profile can be done. But blood counts needs some probing specially with tests like Hemoglobin electrophoresis as blood counts have some discripancies. Drink more amounts of water and get a dermatologist review for other causes of itching as well. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T