What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
so I saw my doctor last Monday for my shoulder and it is sprain .so here is my question my hand sart jetting or tis. but this has be go on for while.and today when I was taking a nap it woke me up and I'm not sure if I should tell my reg doctor or my nurg. specialist. I'm not sure who I should tell or tell both.
can someone help me please.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need further information

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question. To help me better answer your question:

Can you tell me more about the injury to your shoulder, the current symptoms in your shoulder and what you mean by cart jetting and tis?

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 11 hours later
I would be sit the and my hands arm legs would sart to jerk should I tell my doctor about it it has been going on for a while now before I hurt I trip over are swingset and i put my hand down hurt my whole arm and i saw my doctor for it and he gave some med for it and it be helping little bit and that hand arm is very weak and I'm not sure if I should go back to see him.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go back to see your dr

Detailed Answer:
if your arm is still symptomatic and your dr told you that he thought it should be improved by now then I would return to see him as it may prompt some further investigation such as an X-ray. soft tissue injuries generally take a week or two to improve. fractures take 4 to 6 weeks. do you have any other specific questions. if you tell me more about the particular symptoms you are experiencing I may be able to give your more specific advice.

best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 13 minutes later
hurt move it up and down and the collerbone really hurt.and I have been jerking alot before that and I'm doing more now that I fell and there is lump on my back that it been hurting. and my doctor must not be to worries about it i told the nurse about the lump and i do not know if she told him.i hate call the special if the nurse I do not like calls .and the test my blood sugar it was 85 without eating and i eat salad try to eat healthy but after I eat hour after I eat I have to eat again. what should I do.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
ACJ injury, investigate lump, diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for your further question.

You may have sprained your acromioclavicular joint or ACJ for short. This is the joint at the end of the collar bone between this bone and the acromium bone. If it is a bad injury this can produce a lump in this area. If the lump is in a different location then I suggest you get your doctor to examine this area and organize some further investigations such as an Xray, an ultrasound scan and possibly an MRI scan.

A blood sugar of 85 would usually mean you have diabetes and so you should have this further checked out with a fasting glucose which your doctor can arrange. If you are diabetic then this will mean you will have to modify your diet and possibly start on medication.

I hope this further answers your question.

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 9 minutes later
the did fasting test it was at 85 the nurse said it was good. she said if was in 110 or something like that. the lump in the back on my left side .in middle were ribs sart.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glucose normal. Lump needs checked out

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for your further question.

Sorry I thought you meant 8.5 not 85 - this is normal in the values that you gave. We measure it a little differently in Canada.

The lump certainly needs to be checked out by your doctor although it could simply be a prominent rib head.

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 8 minutes later
I keep feel it because it been hurting around there.and back been hurting for awhile I have se ed him for that.lower back to .so why is it that after hour I eat I have to eat again because I became sake a little bit and i have been jerking alot before that and it same get wrose and it wake me up.what should I tell my doctor.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further tests of abdominal issues required.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your further question. If the lump is painful then all the more reason to get it checked out.

You should also have your abdominal symptoms investigated. You should see your Dr who can physically examine you abdomen and organize some further tests such as a gastroscopy or barium swallow to make a diagnosis as to the cause of your problem.

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 9 hours later
thank you I'm going to call in little bit and talk to the nurse about it.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Best wishes

Detailed Answer:
I hope your find a solution to your medical problems soon.

best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 3 hours later
I call talk to the nurse and she said just keep eye on the bump and she about the jerking he said just keep eye on it

Brief Answer:
Ask to see your MD

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for your question. I would press to see your MD if you are unhappy with the advice from your nurse. Do you have any further direct questions?

Best wishes

Ok thank you what do you think the bump or lump is.my doctor same not to worrie

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Picture would help

Detailed Answer:
if you could post a picture this may help identify the lump. most lumps are benign i.e not serious. I was under the impression that the lump was bony and close to you spine in the midline. it could be a rib if it is in your chest or a prominent spinous process.

best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 54 minutes later
it by the spine and under the skin you and it got bigger but you can not see it in less you push on it.o. back

Brief Answer:
Further imaging

Detailed Answer:
If it continue to enlarge then you should have a CT scan or MRI scan of you back to help determine what it is exactly.

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 20 minutes later
Ok I am think about call the doctor torrmow and i hurt my knee the other my right knee and hurt bad and middle top and bottom hurts bad.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
knee injury discussed

Detailed Answer:
Hi again, thanks for your follow up question. I'm sorry to hear that you also hurt your knee. Your Dr should be able to examine it to determine if you need to have an Xray. Most soft tissue injuries in the knee joint improve spontaneously over a few weeks but can be helped along with physiotherapy. If your symptoms do not improve you may require further imaging of your knee such as an MRI scan.

I hope this answers your question.

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 17 minutes later
Ok thank you .i call him on on Tuesday they told me to wait.for couple of days and it still hurt I can not walk like I use to.and or run and drive hurts the knee too.and why do I get yeast infection before my period and after my period too.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Candidal / yeast infection

Detailed Answer:
hi,

thanks for your follow up question. candida infection can be easily treated with canesten tablets / cream or a pessary which you can buy directly over the counter at the pharmacy.

best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 6 minutes later
I call my doctor but it he is not helping very well.i think I well call my nug. specialist too.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Second opinion

Detailed Answer:
hi,

thanks for your follow up question.

you can always ask for a second opinion from another doctor if you are dissatisfied with your own dr.

best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 6 hours later
Ok I might. my knee still and my throat sart hurting on Tuesday so I put my self back on antibiotic that my ear doctor gave me. which he gave me couple of months ago and I sart lose my voice. too.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat discussed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up question.

Ideally you should not use an antibiotic that was given for another problem to treat your sore throat. the majority of sore throats are caused by viral infections and so an antibiotic will make no difference to it. I would ask your doctor to perform a throat swab to look for bacteria and go from there.

Best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 1 hour later
this antibiotic is use for my sunis infections and my ear doctor is the one that gave it to me. and i know my doctor he well just look at it a gave something for it.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic treatment discussed

Detailed Answer:
oh OK. if your taking antibiotics anyway for your ear that is fine.

best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 5 minutes later
right I am taking it for my acute sunis infections. I gave to have sugery but I do not like being but under so he well do the surgery when I need new tube put in my ear.i have be put under because of sacre tissues.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank your for the update

Detailed Answer:
thanks for the update. I understand. best wishes

Follow-up: What causes jerking in hand after shoulder injury? 22 hours later
you are welcome I just what to know why I keep losing my voice I do not like .so what do you think is cas.of it.

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 4 days later
Brief Answer:
Need to be examined by ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up.

I feel that an examination with an ENT specialist would be best to come to know the cause of your loss of voice.

If you do not have any more clarifications, you can close and rate this query.

Best wishes.