What causes jelly like mucus discharge from the anus?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 2 Dec 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I'm a 27 year old female. Four approximately four months I have been finding a jelly like substance (similar to mucus) in my anus. At first it was not very frequent. It would happen and then go away. Of late however, it's been happening more frequently and more excessively. The mucus is yellowish in colour. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

i read your question and i understand your concern. Mucus jelly like yellowish discharge from anus from last 4 months gradually increasing in flow should be evaluated for different possibilities. Proctitis, hemorrhoids, anal incontinence, anal fissures or tags, rectoceles etc are some of the possibilities. History of anal coitus if any is mandatory and should be avoided in future. Visit a doctor, they will run some baseline work up, do anal examination, assess for incontinence and rule out other possible cause for this yellowish discharge and manage accordingly.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan