What causes jelly-like discharge from anus?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 14 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Ive been having a jelly like discharge from down behind there. I had participated in anal sex a few months back, and have rules out stds. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hemorrhoids or infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The jelly like discharge that you have can be due to hemorrhoids or an intestinal infection or just an increased mucosal discharge. If it is not associated with any itching or foul smell then an infection is not likely.
You need to get it examined from your physician to rule out hemorrhoids.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 hours later
is it normal for it to smell fishy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be normal also.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The fishy smell can be a normal variation. Still it is better to rule out an infection.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
would store cream help if it was an infection . I am by no means anywhere near a doctor for another week and would like to help this go away
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Over the counter cream will not help.

Detailed Answer:
You can get a cream for hemorrhoids in case the discharge is due to it. Any over the counter cream cannot treat an infection. This will need oral antibiotics.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
so I should follow up if the symptoms dont change in 3 days. should I continue using cream all week?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
You can continue using the cream. In case the symptoms are persistent then it is best to consult a physician for proper investigations.
Regards.