What causes itchy watery eyes along with sore throat?

Ophthalmologist
Question
I've had a bad sore throat, that I'm getting over, for about a week. A couple of days ago my eyes started itching and watering a bit, and my eyelids are swollen. My eyes are NOT red and watering is clear. I expect that these two conditions are connected. I don't know if my sore throat was bacterial or viral. Thanks!

Sun, 3 Jun 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat and eye condetion related.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
As the lining of throat continues into the eye ,so any effect of throat lining is likely to effect the eyes as well.
In cases of bacterial infection you get green or yellow coloured sputum.Usually there are mixed infections,viral infection leading to a superadded bacterial infection.
Since there is swelling of eyelids as well as watering,chances are there is some amount of allergic reaction as well.Anti allergic drops will have a soothing effect,if watering is more,anti allergy tablet at bed time for a couple of days will help.
Apparently the effects are waning off and you will be fine in a couple of days.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.