What causes itchy spot on arm and foot?
insect bite or contact dermatitis
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
It can be a bug bite or contact dermatitis. The complication associated with an allergic response should be treated. The clothes she is wearing should be replaced. She should take a bath with lukewarm water and a few drops of Dettol or povidone in it. Calamine lotion should be applied on the area where there are itchy spots. Topical corticosteroid cream would be added if its contact dermatitis. Benadryl should be taken for now. When the lesions subside then non sedating anti histamines like desloratidine or levocetirizine can be continued for 2 weeks, in consult with your doctor. If the symptoms persist then a dermatologist should be consulted. Blood counts and coagulation profile may be advised to rule out any bleeding disorder.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloody spots on arm
- What causes hot upper itchy arm
- What causes red and itchy blisters on legs and arms
- What cause brown spot on fore arm
- What is the cause of red spot on arms
- Brown spots on arms causes
- What causes little itchy bump on arms
- What causes petechial spots after scratching on arms
- Causes of itchy arms and shoulders
- What causes spots and scabs on arms