What causes itchy sores on arms?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I've noticed over the past week, several itchy sores have developed on both of my arms, they started as little pimples, and now, after scratching them in my sleep, are small sores, I don't remember anything biting me, don't think it is Staph, not running any fever. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Either photosensitive rash or polymorphic lichenoid eruption or dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Health Care Magic

I have reviewed the attached photographs and their are few possibilities:

Either photosensitive rash due to medicines or polymorphic lichenoid eruption or dermatitis to something you have applied or worn on your arms.

In such cases I recommend my patients to apply steroid like Clobetasol propionate cream on the affected area twice daily along with antihistaminic like Tablet Loratadine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.

This usually resolves the condition in 2-3 weeks time.

The steroidal creams are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this avoid sun-exposure, wear full sleeved shirt.

I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 hours later
Is there any way you can call in a prescription to Walmart Pharmacy in Tomball,TX 281-374-9523
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
That won't be possible

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry. That won't be possible. Sending a prescription without physical examination is considered unethical and will not be acceptable.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Ok, thank you
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome!!

Detailed Answer:
Welcome!!