What causes itchy skin after having Vitamin B complex?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Nov 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: dear sir
i have a seventh palsy nerve issue, so what i ve been doing is take vitamin b complex , and i bought nerve stimulator , but the thing is since i started taking vitamin b my skin itches me alot i dont know why , does the vitamin b have allergy related matters or something else , i have hsv1 for longtime maybe 10 yrs but it showed only onetime , so may u advise me and am i doing the right thing plz .
Answered by Dr. Soumya 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome to health care magic.

I need more details before I answered your query.

1. When did you start vitamin and when did you start stimulator.

2. When did you develop this itching. What was duration from starting these to itching.

3. How many days you are having this problem.

4. Have you changed place , cloth to new ones recently.

Please answer above questions which will help me reply in detail
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
i ve the seventh palsy for 1 yr and i started vitamin b complex 3 months ago on and off and the stimulator sametime i developed the itching about 2 months ago i have it only when i get mad or nervous i starte getting the pain i havent changed place but i have new housemaid and i dont drink much water only 2 glasses a day
Answered by Dr. Soumya 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B complex

Detailed Answer:
Hi

In a certain number of people Vitamin B Complex causes occasional itching of skin .

In your condition there does not seem to be any other reason than this.

I suggest you change the brand of vitamin and see if it makes difference.

If still no change after change in brand then stop the tablet and see if irritation is not tolerable.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj