• question-icon

What causes itchy sensation near the navel?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i feel a lot of itching in my belly button sometimes and then it gets red and smells.. can you tell the cure please
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Contact allergic dermatitis most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

I read history and saw the photo, I feel that it may be allergic contact dermatitis most probably. There may be some cause in the form of allergen ..like soap,clothe, dust, housedust mite, deodorant or else...

I would suggest ...

- antibiotic course for one week
- steroid in tapering dose
- antihistaminics
- apply antibiotic initially then mix with steroid cream
- avoid soap bath
- avoid suspected allergens

I hope this would help you..

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas a Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
can you tell the name of ointment and medicine please.. and how many times i should take this medicine in a day?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:

You should not take medicines without consulting the dermatologist personally.

After examination and confirmation of the diagnosis as I made, he may give treatment as follow..
- antihistaminics like levocetirizine 5 mg daily
- antibiotics like azithromycine 500 mg daily for 6 days
- steroid like methyl prednesolone 4 mg thrice a day for one week than reduce 4mg every week. .. for three weeks
- apply gentamycine cream initially then mix with mild steroid cream like mometasone.

I hope this would satisfy you.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 36 hours later
for my genitals and ass.. due to sweating aur touching, i feel itching sometimes and after that it can cause blood due to scratching.. Can you provide any good cream for summers which should help me and make my genitals clean, Please!
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep the area dry

Detailed Answer:

Genial and groin areas should be washed with diluted dettol liq. during bathing.And keep the area dry. Sprinkle clotrimazole powder after bath. Clotrimazole cream may applied at night.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist