What causes itchy scrotum?
Avoid soap and rubbing with towel.
Itchy scrotum usually results from fungal infections or irritant reaction.
Fungal infections usually itch during day esp in hot and humid climate. Irritant dermatitis can result from constant scratching of the scrotal skin, application of creams, Home remedies or at times even soap.
Trying applying a bland, non fragrant moisturiser to control things; but if doesn't subside it would be prudent to visit a doctor in person for a comprehensive examination and treatment.
Dr. Rohit Batra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sweaty scrotum
- What causes puffiness in the scrotum
- What causes rashes on scrotum
- Itchy scrotum causes mites
- What causes itching in the scrotum
- What causes the movement of the scrotum
- What causes purple scrotum
- What causes itchiness and stickiness around testicles and scrotum
- What causes scrotum pain
- What causes scrotum to swell
- How can I treat bald spots and stunted hair growth on my scalp?
- Itchy and bumpy skin rash near groin, taken benadryl, steroid cream and...
- White patches on the penis, no pain, tried clotrimazole and betnovate,...
- Sex with prostitute, oral sex, masturbation, no exchange of body fluids,...
- Two white patches on face, one patch on leg with white hair, wants to...
- Having penile discharge, pelvic pain. Diagnosed with prostatitis. Taken...
- Red rash on cheek, no plaques or dryness, itching. What is this...
- Anal intercourse and sensation of genitals. Can it cause HIV?
- Bumps on groin, chest, back, elbows and buttocks. Scabies, bed bugs or...
- Penoscrotal ulcer which resembles Behcet's syndrome, no mouth sores....