What causes itchy red spots on upper chest, lower neck and stomach?
My 7 year old daughter woke up several days ago with red spots on her upper chest, lower, neck and stomach which looked like bug bites. They do itch and I noticed this morning there are 3x as many and seem to be dry. She does not have any other symptoms other than a belly ache since it began- they seem to be continuing to spread. She is up to date with her vaccinations. Any advice as to what this is or how to treat it?
Most probably allergic reaction
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & I'll look into your problem.
I have gone through your query as well as the images and would try to help you in the best possible way.
Features are suggestive of allergic response. It can be due to any cause like insect bite, dust or food.
If i were her treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
- CETIRIZINE suspension(1 mg = 1 ml) One TSF at night for 2 days
- Wash/change bedding thoroughly in warm water .
- Try that she does not scratch the rash else it might leave scar.
Hopefully she will see improvement in 2-3 days BUT if conditions remains same or aggravates then you need to take her to hospital for further workup.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health !!
Unlikely because of rash appearance & history
Thank you for the followup question. Chicken pox usually does not presents with acute/sudden onset. Rash increses over a period of days. Chicken pox may develop 10 to 21 days after contact with someone who has the virus.
Secondly rash of chicken pox is more like blisters (clear fluid filled) while that of allergy is solid red colored rash.
Feel free to get back for if you need any further assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spots on neck
- What could cause black spots from neck to stomach
- Red itchy neck causes
- What causes itchy rashes on neck
- Causes of red bumps on lower stomach
- What is the cause for itchy lower stomach and bruising
- What will cause red itchy bumps on breast stomach arms and neck
- What causes upper stomach bloating
- What causes red blotches on neck and chest
- What causes splotchy redness on the neck