What causes itchy red lesions on hip?

Dermatologist
Question
I have 3 dime sized red welts on my hip. They have no center, no pus but are hard under the skin. I have had them for 2 weeks. Sometimes they itch. Today another one popped up on my arm. One has developed a slight streak. As far as I know I haven't been bitten by anything and am not allergic to any insects. Got any idea what they may be?
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like folliculitis, provide picture.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You seem to have developed lesions of folliculitis . But I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page.
Also please tell if there is any associated pain or discomfort or itching?
Any redness in the overlying skin?
What all are you applying over them? Any cream or oil?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul