What causes itchy red dots on the face and neck?

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For about 2-3 months I have been having itching in my legs, arms and back. There are patches of redness due to scratch and very small red swelling dots. It varies, sometimes is more at nights The dots go away if I do not scratch but the itchinng feelings is continuous. My face and neck are not affected. I take aspirin, levothyroxine and losartan. 1 week ago i stopped losartan and the itching decreased but I had to re start losartan because my b. pressure raised again. Applications of skin lotion helps Years ago I had same symptom and it was due to a medication for blood pressure enalapril . My MD. changed it to Losartan. I did well for several years. Hope you can help. Thank you XXXXXXX Torres
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
pruritus skin

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your post on HCM

I do understand your pain and discomfort

"As" per your history is concerned please provide me some details about your problem-

1)Do you have itching spots looks like oval shape?

2)Do you have swelling of foot and ankles?

3)Do you have itching in one side or both side of body?

Follow me with answers

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
No there are no oval shapes, itches along the calf, or one side of my forearm or one small side of my thigh or sides of my scapular bones.
No my foot or ankles are not swollen.
Itches randomly one or both sides of my body
Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pruritus Skin

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your quick reply

"As" per your clinical history is concerned i checked every aspects so first do a physical examination by your local dermatologist. Take all medications as usual for your previous problems. Do a [blood differential count] and do a [stool] examination. Tell your doctor to prescribe medication as per blood and stool examination and for symptomatic relief ask your doctor for antihistamine.

If you have further clarifications please let me know,

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana