What causes itchy rashes, spots and lines on the head and palm?

Jan 2014

I have red spots that appear and they itch they appear in a different area I never know where or when they will appear, they can appear as lines, spots or a rash, my head, palms fingers I don't think it has passed an area on my body. When it appears I have been putting cortisone cream on it, it works for a while, then moves to a different area kind of like it's running from the cortisone.The only area it hasn't hit is my face. I've also noticed areas on my thighs and back side of the knee area with bruising.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Hives

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).
I have noted your concern.
Perhaps they are Hives - itchy welts with a surrounding flare.
Are the spots persistent or do they vanish in a few hours and then reappear at a different body site?
Do you have an image? If yes, kindly upload in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: What causes itchy rashes, spots and lines on the head and palm? 15 minutes later
This has been going on for a week or more what is hives? how do I treat it. They appear the go away after the cortisone and appear in another area.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antihistamine and a soothing lotion

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Hives appear as itchy welts with a surrounding red flare. They are evanescent and last only a few hours and then reappear. This can go on. Most commonly they are due to an allergic reaction to either some infection(viral flu etc), food or food preservatives, drugs/medications etc.
I suggest you to take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab. every evening for a few days. Topically you may use a soothing lotion e.g Calamine lotion.