What causes itchy rashes on the neck and arms?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have developed rashes on my neck and arms. They are very itchy. Please take a look and suggest a remedy.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a few more good quality images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
Perhaps you have a fungal infection. I can make out dry, scaly patches. However, the images that you have uploaded are not very clear. Therefore I request you to kindly upload a few more good quality images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to confirm and guide you better.
Also let me know the duration since you have developed the rashes?

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 22 minutes later
I have uploaded 2 pictures. Please let me know if they are helpful.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need a little more information and more images

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Helpful but I still request you for some more good quality images. Upload as many as you can. Make sure that they are well focused and not blurred.
I want to differentiate whether it is fungal infection or is it eczematous dermatitis as treatment for these conditions is entirely different.
Also let me know do the rashes involve the outer arms or inner arm/armpits? Are they present on both the arms?or only on one side?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 35 hours later
Dr Kakkar I have uploaded more pictures. The rashes are on my neck upper back and inner arm just below arm pit. Sorry for the delay in uploading the pictures
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I have viewed the images.
Seems like a fungal infection.
I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1 %cream Or ketoconazole 2% cream, twice daily.
In addition I suggest you to also take an oral antifungal e.g tab terbinafine 250mg, once a day for 4 weeks.
You may take a tablet of levocetrizine 5mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
These are prescription medications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana