What causes itchy rashes on the lower leg?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a "weepy" lower leg caused when my kitten was playing and scratched me there. It is clear like water and I can't make it stop or scab over. What will work to get it to stop draining? I have applied pressure, raised the leg up but it still slowly drains. It is a nuisance. No temperature or anything and no pain. just the drainage.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a Dermatovenereologist and get well soon.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
It could be due eczema, possibly caused by some application over the scratch wound (sensitization or allergic to the topical application). You may need to take a course of an antibiotic along with antihistamines and topical application with antibiotic creams which suits you. It is better to consult a Dermatologist and get examined. He/she will treat you accordingly and you will become alright soon.
Dr S.Murugan