• question-icon

What causes itchy rashes on the left hand?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: I have a rsh of approximtely6 blisters,very itchy and one blister on each finger of right and left hand. Blisters on back of my rm are very itchy and hot. To touch. Area is very red.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be either bacterial, fungal infection or allergic rash

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear.
I went through the pics.

There can be several causes for blisters. Most commonly either it can be due to either fungal infection or bacterial infection or eczema (that is allergic rash). For the time being you can try taking over the counter medications. Generally if you consult a physician he may prescribe Tab Amox 500 three times a day for 5 days and Neomycin or bactramycin or candid ointment. Along with this if you have fever you can take Paracetamol tablets. To reduce itching you can take tablet cetrizine 2 times a day for 5 days. I think by this time it should subside. If not you can consult a dermatologist for detailed evaluation, who may also suggests some blood tests to look for allergy.

In case you feel that you might be developing allergy to some new substance like detergent, pollen grain, animal hair etc, better to avoid it.

Hope I have answered your question. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I ll be glad to help you.
All the best
With warm regards
Dr Sanjay Kini     

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Sanjay Kini