• question-icon

What causes itchy rashes on the hands and feet?

Posted on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Respected doctor,
I have developed some bump-like ichy rashes on my hands and feet.They are on outer side of hands and feet.I recently went to a hill station.There i slept on bed.When i woke,this was the thing that was developed.Also my mother had got a few of them.I consulted a doctor nearby.He has given me an anti allergic and an antacid.Also he gave me an anti-bacterial cream.What could be the possible reasons and solution to this problem.I have attached a photo of same.
Waiting for your pecious response.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lichen urticatus most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

I read history and looked at the photo you posted,then I could conclude that most probably you and you mother would have developed a skin disease called lichen urticatus..also called papular urticaria. It is a hypersensitive reaction to the insect bites.

I would suggest...

- steroid tablets like methyl prednisolone in tapering dose
- antihistaminics like levocetirizine
- apply mild steroid cream
- avoid insect bites
- avoid soap bath

I hope this would help you and clear your disease in few weeks.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist