• question-icon

What causes itchy rashes on the face and abdomen?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a rash for 5 days . First started on the right side of my face near and is now on my abdomen and right eyelid corner. Initially was just red and today is blistering. I have not had any pain or fever. The rash has been itchy. There is no one else in my household that has any type of rash or symptoms. I have been taking benadryl, applying cortisone cream, anti itch Aveeno lotion, and took an oatmeal bath but nothing has cleared it up.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Insect bite hypersensitivity reaction,oral & topical steroids, antihistamin

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be insect bite hypersensitivity reaction due to bite or crawling of an insect.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice daily and apply a steroid antibiotic combination cream like mometasone and fusidic acid cream on the affected areas twice daily.
Also take a short course of oral steroids like tablet prednisolone 20 mg once daily for 5 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist