What causes itchy rashes on the back?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my blood pressure was 148/96 today i toke my med for it like usually , i had a welt looking rash on my back this mornig iching really bad ,30 min later went away. i just got a same looking rash around my neck . can this be blood pressure or blood sugar related?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that this rash does not seem to be related to your blood pressure or sugar.

An allergic reaction could be the cause of this clinical scenario.

If the problem persists, I recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam, a complete blood count and allergy tests.

The high blood pressure values, could be related to the rash or to the discomfort, but they do not cause a rash.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope to have been helpful!

Feel free to ask me again whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 18 minutes later
benedryl is safe to take for it
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Benadryl is safe in this situation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Yes, is it right to take it against allergic reactions.

So, I would recommend continue taking it. But if the problem persists, allergic tests should be done in order to investigate for the possible cause of allergic reaction and avoid it.

Hope to have been helpful!

Best wishes,

Dr. Iliri