What causes itchy rashes on side of stomach and back?

Posted on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi, I woke up with a cluster of rashes on the right side of my stomach and also noticed the same thing on my back. The rashes are tiny but in clusters and have blackheads without any pulse. I have a burning sensation and it itches once in a while. My dlctor prescribed virest 400mg 2 tablets 3 times a day but didnt properly school me on what I am infected with. I have not had any unprotected sex or lived a reckless life. Do these symptoms sound like I am infected with HSV?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibily Herpes Zoster infection Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXX It appears to be Hepes Zoster infection also known as Shingles. It is not sexually transmitted. Lesion present on one side, which are painful is likely to be Herpes Zoster infection. Also your Physician has prescribed Virest is Acyclovir which is anti viral treatment effective in Hepes zoster infection. There is absolutely nthing to be concerned off. Do write back to me if you need any further assistance. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD
Dr. T Shobha Deepak