What causes itchy rashes on lower and upper legs after having Amoxicillin?
Allergic reaction to Amoxicillin probably
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I agree with you that it's likely to be an allergic reaction to Amoxicillin. Such reactions may occur at any age and in people who never had any allergic reaction before.
The reaction is not severe or life threatening. You may be able to control it with antihistamines like Benadryl. If it's not responding to antihistamine you may require to take a short course of steroids.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can amoxicillin cause anal rash
- Can amoxicillin antibiotic cause itchy ankles
- Does amoxicillin cause red anus rash
- Does amoxicillin cause itchy palms and soles
- Why does amoxicillin cause itchy feet
- Does amoxicillin cause itchy eyes
- Can amoxicillin cause lower back pain
- What causes stomach cramps when on amoxicillin
- What causes rash on legs
- Can amoxicillin caused sensitive itchy scrotum