question-icon

What causes itchy rash on hands spreading to other parts of body?

Posted on Fri, 15 May 2015
Question: Problem with a skin rash on top of both hands which remains for three to four months hydro cream nor clobetsol neither has clean skin issue started on a small part of one hand seems to have now spread with some itching
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I understand your concern.
You might be suffering from psoriasis.
It is important to confirm the diagnosis. Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
Its very important for me to see the area in order to give a proper guidance.
There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that. You can also email reports to YYYY@YYYY with subject as attn Dr XXXXXXX Kumar.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar (2 hours later)
Okay so I'm planning to make a visit to my Doctor tomorrow. Is there a prescibe medicine for treatment and what is the normal time for the healing process?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (11 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Photo dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up and photograph.
It is looking like photo dermatitis.
I treat such cases with a combination of beclomethasone and salicylic acid in night and sunscreen in day.
This gives good response in a week.
You can try this
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist