What causes itchy rash on buttocks?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a rash on my right butt cheek. I've had it for 3 weeks now. It itches and then seems to dry up and flake off. but it hasn't gone away. I've been using a anti fungal cream a doctor prescribed to me also been taking ketoconazole once a day for 4 days now. I haven't seen a difference. I wanted to get a second opinion on this. What could it be?
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kindly attach a pic

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.

The most likely possibility for itchy rash on butt is tinea corporis that is a fungal infection of skin.

Still I will advice you to put a pic of the lesions so that I can actually visualise it and help you to my best.
Kindly also mention the name of cream you have been advised to put.
Fungal infection of body takes 2-4 weeks atleast for complete cure.
Stay healthy.

Follow-up: What causes itchy rash on buttocks? 23 hours later
Hi. The cream Im using is Terbinafine Hydrochloride 1% How do I upload a pic on here? Im worried Am I dying???

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.

Firstly I would like to tell you that fungal infection is the simplest thing one can get in this world.
There is nothing to worry about that. First you take out such things of your mind that one can die because of it.
Just be calm and relax.

you may upload the pic with the option of attach repors here. If still you find any problem, you may contact hcm executives regarding information about attachment of the pic.

Do not panic. You will be fine in sometime.

stay healthy.