What causes itchy pus filled bumps on the penis after unprotected sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
my question is regarding an STD, I recently made the mistake and had unprotected sex. everything seeing normal, I realized after there was some excessive chafing from friction. I thought it was just a rash but literally two days later they turned into bumps and very itchy pus filled abrasions.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis. Oral and topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images. You seem to have folliculitis.
I suggest you to apply a topical antibiotic e.g neosporin ointment or mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
In addition you may take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
These are prescription medications.

Follow-up: What causes itchy pus filled bumps on the penis after unprotected sex? 4 minutes later
thank you, so that is not an STD?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

No. Folliculitis is not an STD.