• question-icon

What causes itchy pus filled bumps on the ankles, legs and arms?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have itchy bumps with puss on ankles, legs and arms. just a few, but wake up itching. checked for bed bugs and washed bedding. thank you.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Insect bite hypersensitivity reaction/ eczematous rash, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it could be insect bite hypersensitivity reaction or eczematous rash.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Meanwhile you can take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and apply steroid antibiotic cream like cortisone cream and neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist