What causes itchy pubic area post treatment for UTI?
Maybe due to fungal infection.
Thanks for trusting HCM about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
I have gone through your history and in my opinion it can be due to fungal ( yeast ) infection because it occurs mostly after antibiotic treatment.
So you can use antifungal cream for local application and oral antifungal treatment after doctor consultation.
Maintain the vaginal hygiene, keep the area dry and clean, use betadine liquid wash, do not use perfume soap and drink a lot of water.
Other causes in your case it can be due to atrophic vaginitis ( due to decrease estrogen level).
So you should consult a Gynaecologist and get yourself examined and took treatment accordingly.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Uti had urine test what is cause and treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for herpes
- What is the cause and treatment for recurrent uti
- Causes of itchy rectum treatment
- What causes tirednessshaky feeling and depression after uti treatment
- What is the cause and treatment of petechiae
- What is the cause and treatment for itchy vulva
- Treatment for uti caused by serratia marcescens
- What is the cause and treatment of uti
- Itchy scalp causes and treatment