What causes itchy pimple like bumps on various parts of the body of a child?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on 8 hours ago in Child Health
Question: Dear S/M , My daughter is 6.8 yrs old and from 3 - 4 days there are some pimple like bumps appeared on her various parts of body ( like neck, under arms etc). These bumps are itching a lot. Initially we thought it is due to some insect bite, but I feel it is something different. Can you please suggest what can be the cause of this or it is insect bite only. We tried applying soframycin but that is also not helping to subside them
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some images.

Detailed Answer:

Please post some image of palms and soles. I am suspecting hand foot mouth disease or chicken pox. The only difference is that chicken pox will spare the palms and soles.

Please upload the images of palms and soles.

Images displayed here are a very close range of images and images of the back of the child.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 18 minutes later
Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for the reply, I am attaching herewith some more images for review. The bumps are only there in the underarms, back of shoulder

Itching is less right now
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like papular urticaria.

Detailed Answer:

This looks like papular urticaria or papular urticaria. It's a sort of simple skin allergy.

Nothing to worry about it.

You can use Hydroxyzine (Available commercially as Atarax). The most important thing to be remembered is that it has a propensity to recur (called as the second crop) within 10-14 days. If this happens, you can start using the same medicine but I suggest you get the kid evaluated with your paediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query.

I wish your kid a speedy recovery.

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana