What causes itchy mark on chest and stomach?
Pityriasis XXXXXXX or Tinea versicolor
Thanks for the query and the picture.
As the image appears it is described as hypopigmented macules on the upper trunk. THey are not clearly margins. You had not mentioned if they are itchy and/or if you are able to see powder or scales coming out of the patches.
Though my highest on the list of possibilities
Pityriasis XXXXXXX - very common and non worrisome. Easily treatable with simple effective moisturizers available over the counter like Nivea cream. The patches go away in a week's time of use.
Tinea versicolor - a type of fungal growth on the skin typically in hot and humid climate. You will find some uneasiness if not itching over the lesions. They are non worrisome, easily treatable with antifungal agents for two weeks.
You can try the former first and if not helping then I suggest you to take these information to a Dermatologist who can examine the lesions before confirming a diagnosis and treating it.
Hope this is helpful.
You had already used a moisturizer then, it seems itchy so I think the later possibility is higher, ie tinea versicolor.
You need both oral antifungal and a topical antifungal like selenium sulfide.
Please see a local doctor for its prescription. They have to be used at least for two weeks can be extended till 4 weeks for complete resolution.
Hope this is better.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itchiness in the pelvic area underside of stomach
- What causes stomach discomfort
- What causes dry itchy patches on my stomach
- What causes upset stomach
- What causes constant stomach infection and chest pain
- What is the cause for itchy lower stomach and bruising
- Having chest and stomach pain what could be the cause
- What causes rashes on chest and stomach
- What causes gas in stomach
- What causes bruises on stomach and chest
- Took oxandrolone treatment for few days. Will this cause any side effect?
- Feeling weak and dizzy after stomach flu. How to get relief?
- Drank a glass of phenyl. What should be done for cure?
- No sperm found in sperm analysis. Is there any medicine to create the...
- 59 years old. Passing semen with urine. What treatment should be done?
- Which specialist should I consult for pineal cysts?
- I pricked my palm on a rusty nail. Do I need tetanus shot?
- History of frequent heartburn. Having severe pain below rib cage during...
- Is the compositions for nalcon and falcon same?
- Child has fever, rapid heartbeat and started vomiting. What is causing...