What causes itchy lesions on the left side of the genital area?
looks like yeast infection
Hello and thank you for your question.
I have looked at your photos and you may have a yeast type infection from the sweating and work that you do. I do not see any signs of a more serious or sexually transmitted infection.
I suggest that you use lamisil (terbenifine) for this. It is an excellent antifungal medication that you can buy over the counter.
I would not use topical steroids (hydrocortisone) as the previous doctor mentioned on your genital area.
I hope you are back to normal soon,
Wearing the same pants should not cause it. We usually get yeast infections when we get hot and sweaty and don't get to shower soon after that. This should clear up quickly
Let me know if you have other questions
yes it can be
Yes, that can happen with a yeast infection. If you want to be sure though you would need to go to a doctor and have an exam done in person. They can take some skin cells and look under the microscope and tell you what is going on for sure.
you are welcome
I hope you are better soon.
If you are having that sort of sensation it may just be because the skin is irritated from the infection. If it persists or worsens then see a doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes genital herpes
- What causes genital scabing
- What are the possible causes for genital warts
- What cause genitals to change color
- What causes wormlike movement in the genital
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What is causing an allergic reaction in my genital areas
- What is the cause of inflamed and sore genitals after intercorse
- What causes genital ulcers
- What cause tingling in genital area