What causes itchy lesions on the body?
I am a 26 year old male.
I have rashes with severe itching for the past 2 weeks. It initially started like prickly heat bubbles and the dermatologist asked to just apply enough moisturiser take bath in cold water.
Later i developed small bubbles on my left hand. I was given antibiotic amoxyllion for 5 days. Even after taking this i developed rashes all over the neck, stomach and legs.
It looks like the bubbles have broken and spread into a red patch now.
I have been taking allegra, antibiotics and teczine but the itching is so severe that im unable to sleep at night.
My blood test shows normal kidney and liver function, but im diabetic snd triglycerites are a bit high. Platelet counts are also normal.
Please advise how to go about the treatment as it has been severe for 2 weeks.
Attached pictures for reference.
Erythema annulare centrifugum
Welcome to healthcaremagic.com and myself Dr. Atishay Bukharia would be answering your questions..
These lesion are going in favour of ERYTHEMA ANNULARE CENTRIFUGUM, differential diagnosis includes SUB ACUTE CUTANEOUS LUPUS ERYTHEMATOUS and LYMPHOCYTIC INFILTRATION..
I would suggest you to wait and watch and take the mentioned medicines, final diagnosis could only be made on biopsy.
In most they subside by its own so except antihistaminic no other intervention is needed..
Hope it helps
If you have any other question please do not hesitate to contact us
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes body odor
- What causes itchiness all over the body
- What causes itchy lesions over the whole body
- What causes body heat
- What could be causing itchy hives on the body
- What causes body itching
- What causes body tremors
- Vyvanse causes itchy body
- What causes itchy rash on body
- What causes body flushing
- Will CO2 LASER at a certified cosmetic surgeon help me look younger?
- Suggest treatment for severe acne
- Suggest treatment for boils on the penis
- How contagious is genital herpes during the asymptomatic period?
- How long is Minoz OD advisable for scalp folliculitis?
- Suggest medication for severe shingles pain
- Suggest treatment for tiny pimples on the thighs
- What causes chronic itching on the leg?
- Suggest treatment for vitiligo
- How can a blood blister on the collarbone be treated?