What causes itchy feet, head and arms?

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, I had sex 3 days ago (protected) and now I feel itchy like on feet and my head and my arms. Never itchy around my private area. Nothing has really changed in my day to day life that I can think of. Any reason why this may be happening?
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
consult a doctor for physical examination/ specific treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Thanks for asking through Health care magic.
I have read & understood your query.
Itching after sex can be due to contact with infected person, who has-- some fungal infection or infestation like scabies. It also can be allergic reaction to an antigen to which you are coincidentally exposed at the same time.
A pill of Avil/ cetzine can be taken after food to get some relief.
To know exact cause & have a specific treatment, you need detailed physical examination. .. you should consult your family physician/ skin specialist.
Treatment would depend on cause. The sex partner ( if routine one ) needs the treatment too.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng