What causes itchy eyes, low grade fever and anorexia in a child?
Seems to be due to a viral infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. Antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. You need to give paracetamol or acetaminophen to bring down the temperature. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use ibuprofen which is more effective but causes gastric irritation. Also use tepid sponging. Giving some antiallergic like benadryl will take care of the allergic manifestations.
Please be patient, it should spontaneously resolve in 5-7 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause prolonged low grade fever
- What causes low-grade fever
- Breastfeeding cause low grade fever
- Low grade fever causes
- Thyroid cause a low grade fever
- Low grade fever cll cause
- Causes of low grade fever in adults
- Hyperglycemia causes low grade fever
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- What cause a low grade fever and headache for a week